Sunday 17 August 2014

Fresh Light in Champagne Pink


Hello!
How's everyone?

Anyway, here's another post to prove that I am a spontaneous weirdo. Haha!
After my friends and I watched Lucy (Scarlett Johansson movie, in case you're wondering), I spotted a cutesy hair color in the department store. It's called "Schwarzkopf Fresh Light Champagne Pink". It's also called "Blythe Hair Color" because they use Blythe Dolls as models on the boxes.




One box costs Php 530, a bit pricey compared to the Etude House Sweet Orange I used (See entry here: A Sweet Orange Kind of Day). They have a foam or bubble  alternate but they don't have one for the color I chose. (The foam or bubble version costs Php 590.) I bought one box and decided to have a haircut (just like that, see? Weirdo. lol.) So I went to my hairdresser and asked for a hair cut. She was surprised because I just had my hair cut last April. So chop my locks she did. (She even cleaned my eyebrows for free, that's why I love my hair dresser! ♥)
When I got home, I excitedly ripped opened the box.


The box contains:
A pair of plastic gloves
A tube of the hair color
A bottle of developer
A small tube of treatment conditioner
A comb nozzle
An instruction phamplet
Extras that you may need:
1. An old shirt you don't wear anymore
2. A towel you don't mind staining
3. Your brand of shampoo
4. Hair clips
5. Hair blower (optional)
6. Brush
Steps:
Note: No need to wash your hair beforehand. It's actually better if your hair is free from oil, conditioner or moisturizer.
1. Squeeze the contents of the tube of hair color (marked "1) into the the bottle of developer.
2. Put the cover back and give it a good shake. (Don't use the comb nozzle yet or you'll risk splattering the mixture all over the place.)
3. I clipped the top part of my hair and started applying the mixture to the bottom of my hair. (Softly squeeze the bottle avoid using too much mixture on one part of your hair.)
4. Slowly make your way through hair until you reach the to part.
5. Massage gently all over your hair and leave for about 20 minutes. The time will depend on your hair color and thickness so you can adjust the treatment time accordingly. I left mine for about 40 minutes.
6. Wash your hair with water until the the water runs clear.
7. Shampoo your hair thoroughly.
8. Massage the color treatment conditioner on your hair. Rinse well.
9. Using your old towel, pat dry your hair. (Pat drying avoids frizzes.)
10. You can use a hair blower to dry your air. (I dried mine using a fan and a brush though.)


Before and After
The result: As you can see, there were no traces of pink on my hair. It turned my hair reddish brown instead. I believe you have to bleach you hair to achieve that Champagne Pink perfection. But no matter, I loved how it turned out! ^__^ Now I looked like Velma Dinkley from Scooby Doo. Nerds rule! lol.


Velma Dinkley

Rating
Price: 3 out of 5
Smell: 2 out of 5
Color: 4 out of 5
When I got to work the next day, I got mixed reviews with my hair cut (way too short according to my friends) but they love the hair color. They'll just have to get use to my shorter do. Hahaha!
Until the next post!
~Sammy ♥

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how you would look like with a pink hair. (lol) The make over with a red brown hair looks better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did really want the champagne pink color! :( but I like how it turned out! haha! thanks Jolly Princess!

    ReplyDelete