How is everyone's week faring?
One of my friends just celebrated his birthday so I decided to whip up a small birthday snack. Since he liked my Dynamite (Chili Cheese Sticks) recipe. I opted to cook another spicy dish for him. I call it Spicy Tuna Penne. It's really simple to cook. ^__^
What you need:
1 Can of Hot and Spicy Tuna
250 grams Spaghetti Sauce of your choice: Pinoy Style, Italian, Sweet (whatever tickles your palate)
250 grams of Penne pasta
1/2 pack of All Purpose Cream
1/2 cup of grated cheese
Steamed broccoli (optional)
Sliced Cherry Tomatoes (optional)
1. Cook the pasta until al dente.
2. Douse in a bit of olive oil to avoid it from sticking with each other and for added flavor (or plain cooking oil will do just to avoid it from sticking.)
3. Set the pasta aside.
4. Pour the entire can of Hot and Spicy tuna (You can drain the can a bit of if you prefer it less spicy.)
5. After 3 minutes, pour the entire pack of Spaghetti sauce. Stir until tuna is evenly mixed with the sauce.
6. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the All Purpose Cream and grated cheese. Stir evenly.
8. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
9. Remove from pan and pour on Penne pasta.
*If you want to add a little color to the dish*
1. Saute the tomatoes first before adding the canned tuna.
2. Let simmer for a bit then follow steps 4 to 8.
3. Add the steamed broccoli. Stir for about 3 minutes.
4. Throw in the capers. Stir for a minute.
5. Pour onto pasta. Serve!
My Super Easy (aka Lazy. lol) Version
1. Cook the pasta.
2. Heat up the canned tuna on a pan.
3. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and let simmer.
4. Done! :)
The 250g pasta ended up 3 medium size containers. Brought to work and my friend loved it! Got a hug as a thanks! Wheee~♥
Until the next post,