Sunday 29 June 2014

Tuna Pesto Fettuccine

Hello!
How's everyone?

Remember Dee? From the Quickie, a Threesome's Short Getaway . Well, she wasn't able to eat my fried spring rolls (Check out the recipe here: Spammy's Spring Rolls) when I brought them to work so she requested that I cook pesto pasta. (I felt bad so I obliged. Lord, I am such a pushover. Just kidding. Lol!) No, I just realized it's been a while since I've had pesto and now that she mentioned it I craved for it. Haha! Anyway, since I decided to cook it for her, might as well post the recipe. So here it is. ^__^



Ingredients:

For the Pesto
4 1/2 cups of packed or fresh basil
6 cloves of garlic
1 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup pine or walnuts (I used walnuts.)

500g Fettuccine pasta
1 pack All Purpose Cream
1 Can of Tuna
1 teaspoon of butter

To make the Pesto sauce:
1. In a bowl of a food processor (or can use a blender too), combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and nuts.
2. Process or blend to a smooth paste or until desired consistency is achieved.

Steps:

1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
2. On a pan, melt the butter until pan is evenly coated.
3. Add the tuna and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the pesto sauce and stir for another 5 minutes.
5. Pour the All Purpose Cream. Stir evenly.
6. Pour onto pasta and toss and until pasta is well-covered.
7. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.

She loved it and even posted it on  her FB page.






I hope you'll enjoy this recipe.

Until the next craving,
Sammy~♫

No comments:

Post a Comment